We are looking for someone who can take on day-to-day management of 5-7 inbound marketing /content marketing clients in technical B2B industries. Note, we do not work with lifestyle or consumer brands; and this role is located in DENVER, CO. The ideal fit is a fast learner who can jump in quickly. You’re a strategic thinker, yet technically savvy, and an excellent people and relationship manager. You have at least 5 years of inbound/content/digital marketing experience with technical subject matters, a strong attention to detail, are well organized, a strong project manager and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
The Inbound Marketing Manager will manage and oversee all elements of clients’ inbound marketing strategies and serve as the daily point of contact. You're a savvy, strategic marketer who can handle multiple clients in a range of "unglamorous" industries, with skills in client management, content strategy, inbound marketing, writing/editing and analytics.
Results oriented, strategic and strong communicator, trusted by clients to have their best interest at heart. Good combination of interpersonal and goal-oriented skills. Curious and passionate. Not just a "yes" person who is able to positively and proactively manage clients. Team player yet works very autonomously. Cheerleader for agency and clients!
• Work with Chief Strategist to develop a full inbound marketing plan for clients.
• Have a strong understanding of inbound marketing methodology.
• Manage strategic buyer persona development. Work with other inbound marketing team members to conduct interviews, review, edit and get approval from clients.
• Maintain a strong understanding of client industries, phrases, keywords and business culture.
• Create strategic editorial content ideas and create content mapping plan to in line with the buyer's journey, which also complements keyword strategy, personas and client goals.
• Work with social media specialist to plan social media content strategy and content publishing schedules.
• Be the "gatekeeper" of the client's content, serving as the first and final editor before client approval. Content must be high-quality - on brand, on tone, on strategy and on time.
• Understand the power of content distribution and guest posting on influential sites.
• Manage keyword research and work with strategist on SEO plan.
• Work closely with inbound implementer on design and publishing needs to ensure consistent, branded content assets for each client (blog posts, e-newsletters, email campaigns, e-books, landing pages, web pages, infographics, etc.).
• Oversee the development of quarterly or monthly stats reports and ensure metrics are strongly aligned with client goals.
• Manage monthly agile points planning strategies for each client.
• Follow up with clients to move projects along when they get off track.
• Ensure SPROUT Content is delivering consistent and highest caliber results.
• Develop opportunities for incremental growth each month, based on our agile processes and client goals.
• Provide weekly updates to clients; conduct weekly/monthly meetings.
• Maintain HubSpot and INBOUND Certification.
• Contribute to SPROUT Content blog as well as guest post opportunities, and be a thought leader for the agency.
Not responsible for:
• Implementing content into platforms (Hubspot, Wordpress, etc.)
• Creating all content or designing deliverables
• Technical website development and SEO implementation
• Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 5 years online, digital, content marketing management with B2B or technical organizations (agency or in-house)
• A natural ease working on the phone, via GoToMeeting, SKYPE, and email with clients and team members nationwide and globally
• Able to jump into new complex subject areas quickly
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing and editing skills
• Proven track record of success setting and achieving ambitious marketing goals