2014 has been a doozy. From the most sobering, to the most trivial, this year packed a punch. When we start to examine all of the excitement, tragedy, and hope that 2014 brought, it’s hard to make sense of it all. When it comes to our sliver of the world, things got very interesting for content marketing. As a B2B Content Marketing Agency, we were truly inspired by creative content marketing campaigns that boasted more visuals, video and overall imagination.
Here is a roundup of companies that created the best examples of content marketing in 2014.
1. Wistia. Wistia is a video hosting company that offers analytics and video marketing tools. The company’s Learning Center Videos carry out one of the fasted growing necessities of any content strategy: video. Wistia offers simple, short, educational videos to help teach the craft of video marketing to their audience. Just like a compelling download, Wistia’s videos provide content to answer questions and position them as a leader in their industry.
2. LinkedIn. LinkedIn Marketing Solutions group’s Sophisticated Marketer’s Guide to LinkedIn shows us just how much is possible with one piece of content. The guide was published as an eBook, posted to Slideshare, created as an infographic, delivered as a webinar and published in print. We’re fans of this impressive case for repurposing content.
4. Organic Valley. It can be a challenge to trust the authenticity of any company without understanding its practices. Instead of simply advertising that they offer organic products, Organic Valley takes customers onto their farms with their “Dawn to Dusk: A day on an Organic Valley farm” visual farm tour experience that gets two thumbs up for transparency.
5. Target. We respect any company that is willing to try a new angle with their strategy, especially when it’s a major retailer like Target. Target took to Pinterest this year, teaming up with Joy Cho of Oh Joy! to develop a board of creative party ideas, Oh Joy for Target. The kicker? All the materials used can be found at Target. With over 250 pins and almost 850,000 followers of the board, this is the kind of content marketing we celebrate.
6. Johnson and Johnson. For over 100 years, Johnson and Johnson has manufactured medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer goods. Though the company has seen major success over the years, they also recognize the need to stay up-to-date and transparent. In an effort to connect with millennial moms, Jonson and Johnson shared educational videos on social media platforms, promising to remove controversial ingredients from their products. We are inspired by this campaign, which shows that one of the largest companies in the country listens and communicates openly with its audience.
What do you think about these major initiatives in content marketing this year? Do you remember any great examples? We would love to see them.
To learn more about content marketing for your business, our B2B Inbound Marketing Agency is here to answer your questions. We also have a free guide that contains everything you need to know about selecting an agency partner.