Everyone’s buzzing about blogging. Blogs are a wonderful platform for companies to share valuable infomation with prospects and customers. Here are 5 blogging writing tips that will help you start out in the right direction and keep you from staring at a blank page.
Blog Writing Tips
- Establish a voice and keep it consistent. Establish a clear and compelling tone consitent with your brand personality. If multiple people are publishing to the same blog, begin with a content style guide to get everyone on the same page.
- Have a plan. Know why you are blogging and who you are speaking to. A well thought out editorial calendar will help you develop interesting topics and ideas for inspiration.
- Short sentences and paragraphs work best. No one wants to read the Great American Novel in your blog posts. Blogs are meant to inform and engage rather quickly. Aim for 350-500 words per post, and make sure posts are easy to scan.
- Link to valuable information. Providing readers with other resources lends to your credibility and expertise on a subject. Link to relevant articles, books, products, news stories or blogs on other sites.
- It’s not all about you. Most people read blogs to learn something new or gain a fresh perspective for themselves. Unless you’re writing a personal blog intended as a diary, choose topics that provide relevant and engaging information for you, and your readers.
Please share any blog writing tips you've come across.