This person handles day-to-day management of 5-7 inbound marketing/content marketing clients, is a fast learner and can jump in quickly. The Inbound Marketing Manager manages and oversees all elements of a client’s inbound marketing plans and serve as the daily point of contact. This position works with content developers, designers and inbound implementers to ensure strategy comes to fruition.
Personality Traits: Results oriented, strong communicator, trusted by clients to have their best interest at heart. Good combination of interpersonal and goal-oriented skills. Curious and passionate. Not just a "yes" person, but someone who is able to up-manage clients. Team player yet works very autonomously. Cheerleader for company and clients!
- Responsible for overall quality assurance and relationship for each client.
- Able to attend monthly networking events in Denver.
- Work with strategist to create content plan in line with buyer’s journey.
- Work with strategist and content developer to create strategic editorial content ideas for all calendars based on keyword research, personas and client goals.
- Create and maintain functional editorial calendars for each client.
- Interact daily on social media; set up content publishing for social channels; monitor social streams according to social media and influencer strategies (varies per client).
- Work with content specialist and Chief Content Officer to plan social media content publishing schedules.
- Act as the main contact for daily social media management, monitoring and influencer outreach for applicable clients.
- Edit all content before sending to client to ensure content is on-brand, and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Review/Test marketing automation sequences and workflows to ensure proper set up.
- Ensure high quality content is delivered on time to clients for approval and publishing.
- Work closely with inbound implementers on design and publishing needs to ensure consistent, branded content assets for each client (blog posts, e-newsletters, email campaigns, e-books, landing pages, web pages, infographics, etc.).
- Follow up with clients to move projects along when they get off track.
- Ensure SPROUT Content is delivering consistent and highest caliber results.
- Develop opportunities for incremental growth within current client contracts.
- Provide weekly updates to clients; conduct weekly/monthly meetings.
- Maintain HubSpot and INBOUND Certification.
- Contribute to SPROUT Content blog and be a thought leader for the agency.
Not responsible for:
- Implementing content into platforms (Hubspot, Wordpress, etc.)
- Creating content or designing deliverables
- Technical website development and SEO implementation
Required experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of content marketing / inbound marketing experience in an agency or in-house environment
- Strong client management and content production management skills
- Skilled in content marketing and inbound marketing methodologies and best practices
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- A natural ease working with remote communication tools like GoToMeeting, instant messenger, SKYPE, and email
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of content management systems like WordPress, HubSpot.