12 Inspiring Content Marketing Quotes From the Experts..and a Rockstar
Sometimes you just need a little inspiration in your day to keep the creative juices flowing and stay on track. Although said in different contexts by a variety of people, from marketing experts to rock stars, we think all of the quotes here are reflect what content marketing is all about:
• Be human and conversational.
• Talk less about you, your products and services but how you can improve your clients or customers lives.
• Be relevant.
• Be clear and consistent.
• Be yourself.
1. “People need stories more than bread itself. They tell us how to live, and why." – Arabian Nights
2. “Content is of great importance, but we must not underestimate the value of style” – Maya Angelou
3. “Stop Writing about Everything. So many brands create content and try to cover everything, instead of focusing on the core niche that they can position themselves as an expert around. No one cares about your special recipe... Find your niche, and then go even more niche.– Joe Pulizzi, founder Content Marketing Institute
4. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “You have to understand that nothing appeals to everybody.” – Rocker Gene Simmons of KISS
6. “Good copy can't be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You've got to believe in the product.” – David Oglivy
7. “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.” – Doug Kessler
8. “I realized the importance of having a story today is what really separates companies. People don't just wear our shoes, they tell our story.” – Blake Mycoskie, CEO of Tom’s Shoes
9. “The best way to persuade people is with your ears – by listening to them.” – Dean Rusk, Former U.S. Secretary of State
10. “Don’t talk about your product like it’s a dad-gum rainbow.” – Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion
11. “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time. Worry less about sounding professional and worry more about creating remarkable content that other humans can relate to.” - Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs
12. “Content is king.” – Bill Gates
What are your favorite inspiring content marketing quotes?